Zing is a Twilio Gold consulting partner. We're growing fast with plans to double our headcount this year and next. We are looking for a versatile and independent Financial Controller to report to the CEO who can help us develop and implement the financial processes that we need during this next phase of our growth.
You will be an experienced Financial Controller looking to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. You will also work closely with the CEO on budget and forecast preparation.
This is a part time role and we are open to thoughts and ideas on how we can make this work. As a cloud-first business we can offer extremely flexible working although we also believe in the power of face-to-face.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Asset Management and Revenue Recognition
- Payroll management
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
Essential Skills and Experiences
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller, ideally within a fast growing technology or professional services organisation
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- CIMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent Xero and other SaaS financial skills
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Strong administration skills
This is a part-time role and we are open to ideas on how you might make this work